Money Smart Programs
Better Banking means providing the knowledge you need to succeed.
It's A Money Thing Academy
It's A Money Thing Academy is a financial literacy program that was created to engage and give young adults the tools they need to be successful managers of their finances. These online courses teach young adults about various need-to-know topics such as:
- Earning an Income
- Buying Goods & Services
- Using Credit
- Financial Investing
- Protecting & Insuring
Enroll today in It's A Money Thing Academy and get on the road to your bright financial future. Also, be sure to like us on Facebook, and Instagram to receive up-to-date information on all of our Money Smart programs.
Teacher’s – We’d love to partner with you to share our It’s A Money Thing curriculum in your classroom. These classes are designed for high school and college students and provide excellent life skills that will help them navigate their personal finances. In addition to the It’s A Money Thing Academy, which is our web-based learning platform, and our in-classroom facilitators who can teach your students we also offer a one-day immersive experience called Mad City Money. During this event, students live for the day as their 26 year old self. They have a career, a family, and most importantly bills and living expenses. As they visit each station they quickly realize the importance of a budget, and have to make decisions so that they can afford everything you need when you live on your own. This is a unique and eye-opening experience for students. Mad City Money events are perfect for 50-100 students per day. To learn more about these free financial literacy resources, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Robins Financial Credit Union knows that a successful future starts in the classroom. Twice a year (January & June), Robins Financial awards three students with $500 in cash for maintaining good grades during a semester.
There will be 3 winners – 1 at the middle school level, 1 at the high school level, and 1 at the college level.
You must have a 3.0 GPA and be a member of Robins Financial Credit Union to be eligible. If you are selected you will be required to supply a copy of your grades for verification.
Use this form to participate in this program.
CU Car Sales - Purchase repossessed vehicles and properties
Annual Report - Our annual financial statement
2020 Calendar - Click here for the 2020 holiday and payday calendar
News and Notes - Bi-annual member publication sent in December and June statements
This scholarship is open to High School Seniors who plan to attend a university, or college located in the State of Georgia. This scholarship is a 1-year, $2,000 scholarship that is paid directly to the university or college that the student is attending.
Scholarship information and guidelines.
Your completed application must include:
- Completed Scholarship Application
- College Acceptance Letter (From a college or university in the State of Georgia only.)
- Copy of your most recent high school report card to include your cumulative GPA (Does not have to be an official transcript.)
- Copy of a complete FAFSA Student Aid Report or a completed copy of parents previous year Income Tax statement (Entire report or return is required.)
- An Achievement/Activities Form (Must be completed on the form provided, in the space provided. Additional pages, resumes, or portfolios will not be considered.)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (Must be written by non-relatives. Please remove letters from envelopes to include in packet.)
- One Page typed essay answering the following questions: What does financial responsibility mean to you and how do you manage your finances? How will receiving your college degree help improve your financial future and how can Robins Financial Credit Union help you achieve your financial goals?
Deadline to apply: Noon, March 27th 2020
Better Banking means bright financial futures. That's why we created many programs to help children, teens, and young adults establish good financial habits.
Our My$ta$h Checking allows kids 12 to 15 years old the opportunity to learn important money management skills in partnership with their parents.
Our MyMoney MyWay® Accounts are for those ages 16-26 and include checking, savings and Visa® Credit Card options. Also, check out our First Time Auto Buyer program to put you behind the wheel of your first car!
If you are interested in any of the accounts listed above, give us a call at 478-923-3773 or toll free at 800-241-2405 or stop by your nearest branch today.