6 Reasons to Choose a Credit Union Over a Bank
Banks are everywhere, so it’s easy to think that they’re the best option for your money. Have you ever thought about doing your banking with a credit union? You can put your money—and your trust—in an organization that offers personalized service, competitive rates and a community focus. Here are just a few reasons why you should choose a credit union to help you reach your financial goals:
- You are an owner When you open an account at a credit union like Robins Financial Credit Union, your account is actually a share and provides you with voting rights. Instead of a board of directors, decisions are made by vote from shareholders. Each member has a voice in how operations are run, no matter how small their share may be. Credit union resources are returned to their member-owners in the form of lower fees and forward-thinking products and services, whereas a bank’s profits are funneled into expensive national advertising budgets and huge executive compensation packages.
- We Put Community First Credit unions are operated by the people in your community. Serving the local community and being involved in community causes is a point of pride for credit unions. Robins Financial Credit Union partners with various charitable groups and organizations who better our communities by building homes for families, researching cures for cancer, taking care of children in need, supporting our veterans, and many other vital contributions.
- We Are Here For You Credit unions offer a more personalized way of handling personal finance. Credit unions have a much smaller client base, and work very hard to keep their members happy. As the economy becomes more complex, credit unions are streamlining their loan procedures; you’ll have a better chance at securing personal and small business loans at your local credit union.
- Our Accounts Have Fewer and Lower Fees Credit unions aim to minimize account fees. For example, most credit unions typically don’t charge monthly maintenance fees, which can range anywhere from $5 to $30 at big name banks.
- We Offer Lower Financing Costs and Higher Payouts Credit unions’ interest rates on credit cards and loans are lower compared to bank rates. Many credit unions also offer free checking. Deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
- We Offer Excellent Credit Card Terms Credit cards from a credit union often come with exceptional perks and benefits. Some of the features of our Robins Financial Credit Union Visa® Platinum Rewards card include:
- Low Rates
- No Fee for Transferring Balances
- Zero Liability for Unauthorized Charges
- Generous Limits up to $25,000
- Access to your FICO® Score in Online Banking
- Safe Guard Your Visa® with Credit Protector
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Program
- Falcon Fraud Detection System
- Travel and Emergency Assistance Services
- Warranty Manager Service
- Scorecard® Rewards Program
- Register your card with Visa® Checkout, for secure and convenient online purchasing power
- Enhanced security with our chip-enabled card technology
Why bank at Robins Financial Credit Union? We’re a credit union and that makes all the difference. As a member, you’re also an owner and everything we do is with you in mind. All of our profits are returned back to our members in the form of higher dividend rates, lower loan rates, and little to no fees. Start enjoying the benefits of membership today!