Safety, Security & Fraud
Robins Financial Credit Union is committed to keeping your accounts safe and protected. Find out how we protect you and how you can protect yourself.
How Robins Financial Can Protect You
Robins Financial Credit Union offers online services to help protect you from Identity Theft. Using online services helps to eliminate the risk of having your statement lost or stolen. You can easily store records and save on paper and postage.
Our telephone teller gives you 24-hour access to your account from any phone. This service allows you to:
- Obtain account balances
- Transfer between accounts
- Make loan payments
- Cancel and activate debit/credit cards
- Verify the last ten transactions on your account
Also track your account activity with the help of all our FREE Online Services including:
- Online Banking
- Mobile Banking
- Bill Pay
You can also access your account at any of our branch or ATM locations.
How can a responsible consumer minimize the risk of identity theft? When it involves your personal information exercise caution and prudence. Here are some tips that can help you prevent identity theft:
- Place passwords on your credit card, bank and phone accounts. Avoid using easily available information.
- Secure personal information, such as your Social Security card, in a safe, or locking file cabinet at your home.
- Don't give out personal information on the phone, through the mail, or over the Internet unless you've initiated the contact or are sure you know who you're dealing with. Double check by calling customer service using the number on your account statement.
- Guard your mail and trash from theft by shredding documents with personal information.
- Remove mail from your mailbox promptly. If you're planning to be away from home you can call the U.S. Postal Service at 800-275-8777 to ask for a vacation hold.
- Before revealing any identifying information, ask how it will be used and secured, and whether it will be shared with others.
- Limit the identification information and the number of credit and debit cards that you carry to what you'll actually need.
- Keep your purse or wallet in a safe place at work.
Social Security Number Information
If someone asks for your SSN, ask the following questions:
- Why do you need it?
- How will it be used?
- How do you protect it from being stolen?
- What will happen if I don't give it to you?
If you don't provide your SSN, some businesses may not provide you with the service or benefit you want. Getting satisfactory answers to your questions will help you decide whether you want to share your SSN with the business.
Follow these steps while traveling to ensure that Fraud Prevention can reach you during your travels, should it be necessary:
- Update your phone numbers with us, including your cell number.
- Provide us with a temporary phone number.
- Be sure to let us know when you return so we can remove this temporary number.
Also, if you are traveling abroad, please take the toll free international numbers with you, should you need to contact Fraud Prevention. When calling the international number(s), please wait on the line until an operator answers and ask to be transferred to Fraud Prevention.
Is it Fraud or Dispute?
Participation is the key in determining whether a transaction is fraud or a dispute. If you have ever done business with the merchant or given them your card number, it is NOT fraud. If you have NEVER given the merchant your information, then it is fraud.
Why does it matter?
If we dispute a transaction as fraudulent and the merchant can prove that you have an account with them, you cannot get your money back. However, if we send your transaction back as a dispute, we have a better chance of getting your money back.
Robins Financial Credit Union Visa® debit and credit cards are monitored 7 days a week, 24 hours a day for fraud detection by Falcon Fraud Monitoring. You may be contacted by Voice Response Unit (VRU) or a live representative from 8:00am – 9:00pm EST, to verify that your transactions are valid. If you are unavailable, you will receive a message asking you to call 866-864-9677 (toll free). If we do not hear from you, we may block your card at our discretion.
Please note that Falcon Fraud Representatives will never ask you to give any numbers off the back of your card or expiration dates. They will however, need to verify they are speaking to the cardholder and will ask for the following information:
- Your 16-digit card number
- Your billing address zip code
- Last 4 of your SSN
- 2-digit month & 2-digit day of your birth date
For cardholders who are traveling abroad, we have a list of Visa® International Toll Free Numbers for Falcon.
If the charges are valid, you may continue to use your card. If the charges are not valid, your card will be blocked to prevent any further fraudulent activity. You will then need to contact us directly to report the fraud and order a replacement card.
Note: Fraud Prevention cannot stop a charge once it has been approved. They simply block your card to prevent further fraud.
Restricted Transactions - In an effort to try and combat fraudulent activity, Robins Financial Credit Union may from time to time limit certain types of transactions.
Sign up for e-Alerts - If you have Online Banking you can sign up for e-Alerts. This is just another way to monitor your account and your transactions.
* Visa%reg; liability guidelines apply; see a member service representative for details.
If you suspect fraudulent activity on your account, immediately report it by contacting us.
Report a lost or stolen debit/credit card by blocking your card using one of the following methods:
- Online Banking - Use the "Report Lost/Stolen card" option in the left menu.
- Using our 24-hour telephone teller - Press option 1 and then option 3.
- Call our call center, or visit a branch during regular business hours.
Please complete this Card Fraud Form to receive credit to your account for the fraudulent transaction(s).
Report lost or stolen checks by putting a stop payment on your checks using one of the following methods:
- Using our 24-hour telephone teller - Press option 1 and then option 6
- Call our call center, or visit a branch during regular business hours
Please contact our call center, or visit one of our branch locations for all other fraud reports or inquiries such as:
- Unauthorized Check/Paper Draft Activity
- Unauthorized ACH withdrawal
- Unauthorized wire transfer
- Fraud involving a loan